Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bea is Turning 100!

Where does the time go?  When you are four, it takes forever for your birthday to come around because a year is one fourth of your life.  As we age, the years go faster and faster.  I wonder if it ever seems to even out a bit.

 I guess I should ask Bea - because she is going to be 100 next month, so I figure that she must have a lot of the answers!!

Here's my card for her one hundredth birthday.  It has a little interactive element on the cover:


















Now for the inside of the card (in case you haven't guessed it already):


I thought that I would add this card to the Birthdays by the Numbers challenge over at Heart 2 Heart because I did tell them that I was going to try to get this card done in time to enter it - and here it is!!

My parents are friends with Bea in Fargo, North Dakota, where she is quite the celebrity.  They sent me photos to use on her card, but I decided to make her a little keepsake with the photos, so you will have to wait a couple of days to see what that is. Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I am using the photos!!

Bea is an inspirational woman.  If you would like to be inspired you can read an article about her and watch a short television broadcast.  It's amazing what 100 can look like!!  Just take a few minutes...
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/375117/


6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! What a great card! I definitely knocked it outta the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I had input from all three of my kids on this one!!

      Delete
  2. Great card, love how you did the inside. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bee! Love that interactive element, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I had the idea, and then my son, Will, said to add the window. I decided to stamp 100 in the window and my son, Tom, said to make it change from 99 to 100!! So, it was a family project. :D

    ReplyDelete