Monday, August 6, 2012

Operation Smile Donation


Now on to what my daughter Lisa and I did Thursday and Friday of last week.  Firstly, Lisa is 24 and working with her is like having a second me - only better because she is Lisa, and secondly, we were working under some time pressure (duh!) as the object of our creative process was to be auctioned off for Operation Smile on Saturday. Thursday morning I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make. ;)

The auction was at a unit meeting of great gals from Close To My Heart.  It was intimidating for me to make something that someone who is in the business of teaching others to make similar "somethings" would be willing to bid on, so I knew it had to be a little unique and the quality had to be fairly high. Close To My Heart is scrap booking and card making and so much more, but they never (as far as I have ever seen) in any of their books, show putting photos on cards.  My idea was to make frames on the cards to slide photos in.  Nothing mind-blowing, yet sort of a twist.  I loved the way they turned out and I hope you will too.


We made a decorated box containing 8 cards: 2 each of the 4 designs, plus matching envelopes.


Lisa stamped the flower and put it together.  I inked all of the edges because the stark white of the box didn't go at all with the effect we were going for, which was - 
BID ON ME!
Photo taken at Mud Festival in Boryeong, S. Korea, when Will visited Lisa at the end of her 6 months of teaching English to K - 6.




My Reflections Stella paper showing off my 3 kids and husband!  Just for You B 1398 stamp.  I love it!


We cut all of the frames on the Cricut using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.
Thanks Megan!!  The elephant was a new addition to our trip and Tommy's wardrobe.  He's in DeForest, Wisconsin.


It was Lisa's idea to use the stamped petals from the flower cut into pennants - Brilliant!
I hand stitched the lines for the pennants with waxy flax.  I really had fun doing that.
The moose is in Black River Falls, Wisconsin.  We visit him each July on our way to my parents cottage in Minnesota.


Tom and Rory on the pontoon boat in Minnesota.

2 comments:

  1. I love the creativity of the card layouts and the pictures are great! You and Lisa rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm really going to miss crafting with her when school begins. Next summer the three of us should make some craft dates at the lake. : )

      Delete