Monday, November 5, 2012

Technique Time 8) Masking

I've decided to make a new technique notebook.  I don't know why.  I just decide these things.  I used to have such a thing back in the day, probably 1996, when I was the Arts and Crafts Director at the Girl Scout camp.  That was a fun summer!!  (Another story for my storylane blog!!  Yea.  There's another decision made!!)

Masking Technique:

This is used when you want to combine two images.  I have a cardinal stamp and a branch stamp.  In order to make the cardinal appear to be in front of the branch, I actually have to stamp it first!!



To use this tutorial for the above card, substitute the cardinal for the eggs.















The mask is really dark here because I used it several times before.







I should have shown the cutout against another color, or raised on foam tape.  It would show it off much better.  


No comments:

Post a Comment