Saturday, March 23, 2013

More Journal Cards

Journaling Cards are all the rage right now.  It is a way to make a layout in pieces, you know a bit at a time, and arrange them around your photos.  You can put some photos on cards, mat some photos, whatever really.  It's your book, your life.

This is a card I made for a swap that had a month theme.  I signed up for February because I love this paper!!



It's a retired paper and stamp (Cherish the Day S1111), but you could make something similar with other paper.  I stamped the lines using another retired stamp, Recipe Box D1364.  It's always handy to have stamps with just lines!!

Once again, I had fun sewing on paper.  I pierced the holes in all of the cards first using the Piercing Tool Kit.  I love it because it has it's own foam to put under the paper, so I don't have to go looking for something else - or be tempted to do something inappropriate like scar the kitchen table!!  ;)  Then I just sat in front of the TV and sewed the  buttons on one evening accompanied by my furry doggie-friend.
So snuggly!!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE this journalling card Karen!!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog award..

    Happy Scrapping, Toni..

    http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Goodness Toni, You are such a Sweetheart!! and I love your blog!! Much love coming your way!! <3

      Delete
  2. very cute- love the buttons and the lined stamp- I'll need to get me some of those- or maybe look through my stash... I probably have one and don't even know it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my Gosh Diana, a lined stamp is really nice. A long one can always be masked down, I'm pretty sure that's what I did on this card. Of course, if it's shorter, you can try to match the lines, or make it dashed. :D

      Delete