Friday, March 22, 2013

Handmade Journal Cards

I made some more journal cards.  More you ask?
Yes, well, the others are in the backlog of artwork that I have yet to blog about.  Oops!!
I'll show some to you now!!

First for the newest ones:
I made this 4" X 6" Journal Card with For Always paper.  It was really fun to play with, especially with the Black Shimmer Tape.  So rich looking!!  I put a layer of vellum over the writing design so that the lines can be used for journaling.  I don't know if you can see the grey sparkle on the upper left corner, but it shows up in real-life!!


I couldn't decide which paper I wanted to use, so I decided to go for a sampling of each down the left side.

Next I made a 3" X 4" Journal Card made with Chantilly:


These were fun because each one looked different.  The frame stamp is an OLD one (Frame of Mind D1201)  I cut those out by hand.  I love the Cricut cuts, but it's fun to cut crazy sometimes too!!

Now let's see if I can find some of the others that I have around here...


I went wild with the Dotty For You paper on this one.  Used the Xact-O Knife and cut around each wing of the butterfly paper, popped them up and inserted some foam tape under there.  I sewed Xs over the printed Xs on the paper in the center of the butterflies also.  That was really fun.  No sarcasm.  It really was!!  :)

Lisa cut the vellum on the Cricut for me.  I inked the edges with the Sweet Leaf pigment block and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Loved the effect.

You can't see it in that photo, but under the vellum there is a stamped image:



OK, I've been such a slow blogger lately that I decided that I should save the other cards for another blog TOMORROW!!

Go get Creative,
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment